This recipe is super simple and delicious! It only involves three main ingredients and a few seasonings of your choice. Of course, you can add and switch things up in order to cater to your own personal preferences. However, I will still be sharing with you the exact seasonings that I typically use for these tasty mini burgers.
400 g (approx. 14 oz) lean ground turkey
2 cups drained black beans
½ medium red onion
Seasonings: garlic plus, cumin and chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Chop red onion into small chunks and in a separate bowl begin to slightly mash the black beans.
- In a large bowl, season turkey as desired.
- Add the onion and beans to the turkey and mix until well combined.
- Prepare baking pan by lining it with aluminum foil (this will make clean up easier).
- Form small balls of the mixture in your hands ands and evenly place them onto the pan. Leave enough room between each ball so that you can flatten them into mini burgers.
- Place pan in oven and bake burgers for 20 minutes before taking them out to flip them over. Then, proceed to bake burgers for a subsequent 20 minutes.
- Ensure that burgers are fully cooked before removing them from the oven to cool.
Be sure to let me know if you give this recipe a try by tagging me in your photos on Instagram @kairahundone.