I love snacks! There’s just something about having a delicious little bite to eat before or after a meal. I also have quite the sweet tooth. Luckily, I’ve created an amazing recipe that satisfies my cravings for something sweet, is fairly healthy and also very versatile. Granola! Generally, I like to eat it on its own or on top of some greek yogurt. However, don’t let my ideas limit you. Be creative and experiment with the different ways that you like to eat this delicious snack!
This will make approximately ten ½ cup servings.
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup raisins
1 cup sliced almonds
2 scoops vanilla protein powder*
½ cup dark brown sugar
½ cup coconut oil
1 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
*I suggest Nutrabolics’ HYDROPURE Vanilla Protein. A hydrolyzed whey protein isolate blend that tastes absolutely amazing!
What you’ll need
A large bowl to combine all of the ingredients
A baking sheet lined with aluminum foil (Tip: this is great for easy clean up)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl combine oats, almonds, protein powder, brown sugar, coconut oil, vanilla extract, maple syrup and ground cinnamon. Mix well, until all of the dry ingredients have been coated with the wet ingredients.
- Place mixture on your lined baking sheet and into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and toss ingredients back into the bowl. Now add in raisins and mix well before placing mixture back onto baking sheet and into the oven for another 15-20 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and allow granola to cool before transferring it to an airtight container for storage.
And there you have it! A great tasting snack prepared in no time at all!